AMPS + LOAD BOX + IRS VS MODELERS OR SOFTWARE

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jacques Bureau 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Jacques Bureau 
    Participant

I live in an appartment so I can’t play through a real amp for obvious reasons.

So I am playing for many years now through softwares or modelers. For guys that use both Load boxes and Modelers is there any adavantages to play with a real amp + a load box + IRS instead of an amp modeler or software?

Eric Ritter 
    Participant

I don’t have a load box, but I have both tube amps and have had a few modelers over the years. I think it just comes down to personal preference. If you don’t like programming, go with real amps. If you don’t mind it, get a modeler. I currently have a Helix and it scratches the itch when I need to be quiet. It sounds good. But I haven’t sold my tube amps either. There’s something about just having the knobs right there in the open, and not in a menu, which is why I haven’t sold them. And I’ve had the Helix for 2 years. They’re both good.

Jacques Bureau 
    Participant

Well I need to try an amp with a Load Box and IRS for sure. probably my next purchase.

Eric Ritter 
    Participant

Have you seen this? Spendy, but it’s all there, in one box.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  Eric Ritter.
     Jacques Bureau 
    Participant

Yes. Exactly what I intend to buy. I have to choose an amp first 🙂 Why not a PT100 LOL!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contact Pete

I'm not around right now. But you can send me an email and I'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2018 Pete Thorn

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account