Bogner La Grange

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      John Justice
      Participant

Howdy, Pete!

Curse you! You just cost me more money. I picked up a La Grange this past evening and I’m learning my way around the various controls. First, I’ve never played a Marshall Plexi at high volumes so I have no frame of reference – just how close in tone and feel does this pedal come to the real amp? And second, what are your favorite settings on the La Grange? (Other owners feel free to chime in.)

Thanks,

John the Drummer

Pete Thorn

I may replace the Blue on my board with the La Grange- gimme a minute and I’ll get back to ya 🙂

John Justice
      Participant

Howdy, Pete! Now that you’ve had time to swap out the pedals on your board (and buy a vintage Plexi for comparisons) what have you discovered about the La Grange versus a real Plexi?

Any favorite settings yet?

John

Mattia Ciancabilla
      Participant

Hi John,
      I got the pedal since october 2016, and compared to my 1959slp it’s freakin similar.
      It has the nearly same dynamics when you’re play it with various guitar vol levels.
      Compared to Ectasy Blue pedal i’m annoyed that in La Grange is missing regulation of gain for the boost switch and that is missing the EQ in place of the Tone pot.
      Nevertheless i really recommend it!!!

Pete Thorn

Hi, I never did do the switch and now my new board is too small for a bigger pedal like the Bogner, but it IS a great Marshall-type pedal! Hard to go wrong with it. A pedal will never be the real thing as the plexi thing is a combo of a loud amp, 4-12″ cab with great greenbacks, etc, it’s just like, one big instrument. But it’s a great recreation of the basic vibe of that tone!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 Pete Thorn

Contact Pete

I'm not around right now. But you can send me an email and I'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account