Boss MS-3 Multi Effects

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey Pete or Anyone

I do a lot of fly dates and traveling with my 37 lb pedalboard case is becoming to be a drag! So looking at the Boss MS-3 Multi Effects it seems like dream all in one pedalboard……Anybody have any thought?

Michael Marsh
      Participant

Schmidt Array pedal board with BOSS MS-3

Yes, MS-3 is the heart of my small Schmidt Array pedal board. Fits in the overhead!

Pete Thorn

I tried it, sounds great!! Tiny!

Don Miller-Robinson
      Participant

I bought one and, while it does sound surprisingly good, I’m quite disappointed in some crazy oversights in functionality. The biggest of these is the fact the 3 main editing knobs CANNOT be assigned to functions on a per patch basis. The idea behind this gadget is that it can replace a whole bunch of pedals and shrink your pedalboard. I bought mine for the same reason so many have done – for a flyrig. There are some functions I NEED to adjust through a show such as the amount of any given effect – reverbs – delays – tremolo etc. Editing these functions on the fly with the MS-3 is a non starter when playing live I’m afraid. This brings me to the second oversight, there is no effective way to assign dynamically the use of the expression pedal to control these functions either. there is a facebook MS-3 users group where these issues are discussed in more depth. I found myself actually adding pedals back onto my flyrig in order to adjust effectively on the fly. Probably third on the list is the 3 pedal loops are locked together as one block of three and while that block of three can be placed wherever, they cannot be positioned in the chain individually. MIDI in would also have been helpful but not essential. The MS-3 is an absolutely WONDERFUL idea but the interface has some seriously important functions missing!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 Pete Thorn

Contact Pete

I'm not around right now. But you can send me an email and I'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account