CAA PT 100

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Shawn Maclean
      Participant

Hey Guys,

I have an opportunity to buy a used PT 100 (CAA) for about $1500, recently re tubed, which seems like a good price. My question (and hopefully pete will chime in here)… Can this be used at low volumes and still get decent tones ? Is the addition of some type of load box required ? Im 90% bedroom player after the kids are asleep, but also have been offered the opportunity to get out and jam with a band. I have an 11 rack now with headphones, but its not that “inspiring” and I have no other amplification right now. Looking for a best of both worlds solution, and want the best quality sound at low/high volume. Maybe a PT 100 is overkill for a guy like me ?

Shawn (from ontario Canada)

Shawn Maclean
      Participant

Just to add…. I used to play a stereo rack rig back in the 80’s (yeah im old) so i’d love to evolve into a wet/dry/wet with a nice tube amp at the core of the sound… I like loosing myself in ambient effects every now and then ! I also hate to admit… I’ve never owned a tube amp, so I have my pennies saved and it’s time.

Andrew
      Participant

That sounds like a good price, just allow a few bucks to buy a attenuator/ load box. The New Two Notes Captor looks like a great way to go on a budget. (Going by reviews online, I haven’t tried one myself yet.) Looks like you can run it into a interface and play through headphones or monitors until you get a speaker cab.

Joel Price
      Participant

I don’t know about the CAA version, but the Suhr PT100 sounds killer at all master settings. Just adjust your low end according to volume (Turn bass down as volume is turned up).

Shawn Maclean
      Participant

Thanks Guys,

Unfortunately I missed it, it got snapped up just after I posted. Pete’s hinted at something new in a smaller format coming out in recent vids, so i’m going to try and wait to see what that is…

Pete Thorn

We are working on stuff, for sure… 🙂

Shawn Maclean
      Participant

Thanks for chiming in Pete… Can you give us a hint on timeframe, or is it too early in the process ?

I have a nice new suhr classic pro, and 2 suhr 1 x 12’s with no amplifier (jumped on a steal of a deal) so… i’m getty antsy !

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Shawn Maclean.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 Pete Thorn

Contact Pete

I'm not around right now. But you can send me an email and I'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account