Nice board Gear Nerd. Always good to see tube screamers on them. 🙂

Ed Reed
      Participant
      Magnus Hedlund
      Participant

My current pedalboard

Gear Nerd
      Participant

Hi Magnus, I’m going to switch out the plexitone for an 80’s Pearl compressor and phaser at the weekend. I only use the plexitone in a friends studio where I have a Brunetti Singleman.
      Your board looks cool but what is the red pedal?

Magnus Hedlund
        Participant

Cool, Gear Nerd,

The red, (and the yellow), pedals are built by a swedish “pedal-guru”, Björn Juhl, and are called BJFE, or BJF sometimes. You might have heard about the yellow one, it’s an overdrive called “Honey Bee”, and the red one is a treble booster, called “Red Rooster Booster”.
        There’s an american company, Bearfoot, that makes licensed copys of these, and many more of his pedals.
        Wow, sounds like I’m sponsored by this guy… I wish, ’cause he makes awesome pedals.

-Magnus

Nomar Perez
      Participant

What do I order recommend on my pedalboard?

Magnus Hedlund
        Participant

Order of pedals?
        That’s a question that has as many answers as there are guitarists…
        Personally I prefer tuner and Wha first, then modulation (phaser chorus etc), then dirt (overdrive distortion etc), and last reverbs and/or delays.
        As I said, this is not in anyway an exact science. Try every possible combination, and find your tone.

-Magnus

Nomar Perez
      Participant

my pedalboar

Nomar Perez
      Participant

null

Magnus Hedlund
        Participant

Nice.
        Another Tube Screamer user. 🙂

Blake Poulton
      Participant

This guy in his roadcase weighs in at nearly 50kg’s… not exactly practical but it lets me do what I want with minimal tap-dancing. That said, I’m going to have to put something much smaller together next month for some shows I’m flying to. No airliner on the planet will let me get anywhere near them with this behemoth!

Magnus Hedlund
        Participant

Sweet!
        Is that a Klon clone on the upper left?

Blake Poulton
      Participant

Yessir, that’s the Archer. Very transparent, to me it sounds like you’re adding more of the amp’s gain to your sound. Not like a clean boost though. I use it to add more natural grind to the clean channel of the amp, although I had originally bought it thinking it would be for like screaming high gain lead-tone – turns out I like something that colours the sound more for that.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 Pete Thorn

Contact Pete

I'm not around right now. But you can send me an email and I'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account