Suhr Pete Thorn Signature Model

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Ben Howard
      Participant

Has anybody here, apart from Pete, tried his signature Suhr? I have a Suhr Classic Pro, but I’m seriously GASsing for Pete’s sig. Pretty sure it will be my next purchase, I was just wondering if anybody else had tried one and what their thoughts were.

Cheers!

Pete Thorn

I want to know too 🙂

Colin Stephen
      Participant

I’ve never seen one in the Shops here in Glasgow ..

But i am intrigued to know Mr Thorn .. When a maker approaches you about doing a Signature guitar . Do you have any say on the price for the customer or is that outwith you’re control ???? .

Pete Thorn

Good question Colin- mostly out of my control however- I did push to get the guitar as low as possible, there was a few discussions about it. Manufacturing/running a biz in cA is VERY expensive, and things kinda cost what they cost, if you want to make em in the USA. But… if there’s anywhere where savings can occur, we try and do it- for example my amp’s price was reduced by (I think) $300, when we brought out the blue face ones- because John found a way to streamline the manufacture, actually making the circuit board layed out more efficiently from a build perspective, and this affected how easily they could be built- and he passed the savings on. I think that’s really cool.

Aaron
      Participant

I just took the plunge and put in an order for one this afternoon. I’ll let you all know how it goes when it arrives… in February. 🙂 Many years ago I did a similar thing (bought a guitar sight unseen) with an ESP Stephen Carpenter 6 string and I didn’t regret it. Really hoping for a similar experience here. I’ve heard nothing but great things about Suhr, can’t wait to get my hands on this puppy!

Jacques Bureau
      Participant

One day I will buy one. I am 62 so not a lot of time LOL!

Pete Thorn

They don’t let anything go out the door that’s not great, so Arron- I’m sure it’ll be killer! 🙂

Adam Herron
      Participant

I ordered one back in March, and still no word on its arrival. I wonwhat is taking so long sine Suhr announced its availability quite a few weeks back.

Charlie Southpaw
      Participant

I just ordered a vintage golden lefty @Jerry’s lefty guitars! ETA is May ’18, I’m looking forward to it.

Mr.Woody
      Participant

Pete, if you could only own 1 single guitar for the rest of your life, would you choose this one or a different one? Laying sentimentality aside, only looking at usefulness.

Jacques Bureau
      Participant

I will order one next week. I just do not know what color and where. Probably a nice gold top.

Jacques Bureau
      Participant

DONE!! I put a deposit on a Vintage Gold top that was ordered by the dealer in Octobber. Should get it in the next 2 months. I can’t wait to get this one. It is the only New guitar I bought in the last 10 years…..

Aaron
      Participant

Well, 9 months later, still waiting… I made a human in less time. 🙂 Suhr must really be backed up since they quoted me 6 months originally. Hoping it lands soon!

Dave Turner
      Participant

Has it arrived yet Aaron? If so are you happy with it?

Charlie Southpaw
      Participant

Waiting for 11 months now and with the holidays and NAMM show in January, I’ll hope they can manage the high demand..

Jacques Bureau
      Participant

NGD Fianlly I got my Pete Thorn. I did not want one with Jumbo Frets so I waited to get one used.

A nice black.

Just onr word. WOW!!

My fingers sore because I played too much today.

All what I can say is anybody buying a Pete Thorn will have a master piece on hand.

A very versatile guitar. The neck is not slim at all. Very comfortable and awesome sounding guitar.

Finish and craftmanship are the best.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 Pete Thorn

Contact Pete

I'm not around right now. But you can send me an email and I'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account