Thornbucker wiring

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Alexandre Soares 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     Alexandre Soares 
    Participant

Hello all,
    i bought a Suhr Thornbucker set for a les paul clone (Michael Kelly Patriot Shadow) and i am seeking for a wiring schema were i could join Jimmy Page wiring schema but following Pete Thorn advice of putting humbucker coils in parallel instead of split.

I have 4 Bourns 500k push pull, 2 bumblebee .22 capacitors, a 3 way togle switch and i am seeking to achieve something like this (using push controls):
    Neck Volume: Neck Humbucker coils in parallel
    Bridge Volume: Bridge Humbucker coils in parallel
    Neck Tone: Both humbuckers in serial
    Bridge Tone: Both pickups out of phase with each other

I’ve went to seymour duncan and several other places without success (existing JP diagrams always follow the “split coil” principle).

I’ve emailed Suhr support without luck (didn’t understood if it was for copyrights reasons or just lack of knowledge of the support person).

So, is it possible? Anybody has a “dumb proof” diagram?

Thanks for the time reading this post!

PS: Worst case scenario, a Pete Thorn wiring schema for a les paul (2 vol 2 tone 3 way toggle switch) would help (Suhr support only provided a strat/5 way switch)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contact Pete

I'm not around right now. But you can send me an email and I'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2018 Pete Thorn

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account